In this active four-hour program students identify the most relevant safety challenges they face as young men in today’s culture. The workshop covers both emotional and physical safety including:
- Healthy relationships – friendships, romantic relationships, relationships with adults in positions of authority
- Safety with technology / social media
- Peer Pressure and bullying, including relational aggression & harassment
- Identifying, expressing, and getting help with emotions when needed
- Conflict de-escalation and violence prevention techniques
- Managing verbal attack
- Physical assault from strangers and acquaintances.In a safe, supportive environment, young men will practice skills to address situations they are likely to encounter. This workshop uses a head-to-toe padded instructor to give students the opportunity for realistic and safe practice of simple and effective full force self-defense skills.
December 2, 2023 – 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Fees: The workshop fee is $110 per teen. Discounts of $10 will be given if more than one teen enrolls from the same family in the same class. Payment plans and scholarships are available; we also accept MasterCard, Visa and Discover. If you need scholarship support, please enclose a brief letter about the situation and a payment for the amount you can afford.
To Register: Complete the enrollment form below. We limit our workshop size and must have your deposit in order to reserve your spot.