For more information or to schedule, contact us: programs@kidpowerCS.org, 719-520-1311
For the past 27 years, Kidpower has provided services to most school districts and many agencies in our community. During the pandemic, we quickly switched to virtual workshops and have gotten very positive feedback from school personnel, parents and kids!
Our school programs can be arranged by principals, mental health staff, PTO representatives or interested parents. Agency programs are organized by agency personnel.
As each school and agency differs, Kidpower is happy to customize programs to the specific needs of your group. Please call our office to discuss your school or agency’s particular situation and we can propose various lengths and formats to fit your needs. Kidpower also holds programs during the day and can be projected into classrooms. We are happy to discuss fees and scholarships for workshops by phone or email.
We know this is a challenging time for our school partners and we want to make access to Kidpower as easy as possible. We will handle all enrollments and will send language to help you publicize the program to your school/agency families.
The classes listed below are for kids, 1st through 5th grades, AND their parents/adults. We will be adding classes for younger and older students.
Students will practice safety skills with their adults in real time through structured, developmentally appropriate games, stories, and role-plays.
The workshops build on each other but because each workshop covers different topics, families may choose to enroll in one, two or all three of the workshops. Workshops typically are held from 6 to 7 pm, on three consecutive Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Thursdays. Daytime workshops may be arranged.
Kids will learn what boundaries are and how to set effective boundaries with people they know. They will practice using clear language to deal with emotional coercion and bribery. They will learn to tell an adult if they feel unsafe and to persist until they get the help they need. Kids will also learn ways to protect themselves from words that hurt.
If you are a parent wishing to enroll your child(ren) in a specific school/agency workshop, please contact your school directly.
If you are a parent, PTO/PTA member, school mental health professional or administrator and would like to have Kidpower come to your school contact us at email@example.com.
PLEASE NOTE: For daytime classes or special requests please call Angela at (719) 520.1311.
Programs for 2020-2021
These programs are open only to students of each school:
Colorado Springs Area
- Academy International Elementary – February 2, 9, & 16, 2021
- Buena Vista/Bristol Elementary – February 4, 11, & 18, 2021
- Canon Preschool – January 29, February 5 & 12, 2021
- Columbia Elementary – December 2, 9, & 16, 2020
- D49 Transition Program – November 11, 18, December 2, & 9, 2020
- French (with Pinello) Elementary – October 20, 27 & November 3, 2020
- Grant Elementary – October 8, 15 & 22, 2020
- Lewis Palmer Transition Program – January 14, 21, 28, & February 4, 2021
- Manitou Springs Elementary – February 3, 10, & 17, 2021
- New Summit Charter Academy – April 6, 13, & 20, 2021
- Pikes Peak Park Elementary Schools (Centennial, Monterey, Mountain Vista Community, & Pikes Peak) – January 13, 20, & 27, 2021
- Pinello (with French) Elementary – October 20, 27 & November 3, 2020
- Prairie Winds Elementary – February 23, March 2, & 9, 2021
- Steele Elementary – January 14, 21, & 28, 2021
- Trailblazer Elementary – April 8, 15, & 22, 2021
- Vanguard Elementary – September 29, October 6 & 13, 2020
- Widefield School District Elementary Schools – October 29, November 5 & 12, 2020
- Aspen Academy – January 12, 19, & 26, 2021
- Colorado Academy – February 24, March 3, & 10, 2021
- Colorado Academy – February 25, March 4, & 11, 2021
- Graland Country Day School – December 3, 10, & 17, 2020
- Ralph Moody Elementary (Littleton Public Schools) – December 1, 8 & 15, 2020