How will I know when to start bidding and what my bid number is?
After registering, you will receive an email with your bidder number. You will also receive a text before bidding begins that will contain your bid number and a link that goes directly to the bidding site. You may bid with your smart phone, desktop, laptop, or tablet. Click here to go to the auction, available June 5 at 5 p.m.
How to bid:
You will see the categories on the home or landing page, and you can scroll down to the Category that you are interested in: Experiences, for example, and click on that. Then all of the items in the category will display. Click on the item you want to see. You will see a picture, the item number, the minimum bid, the required incremental bid, and the “buy it now” price. Scroll to the bottom to enter your bid number and to place your bid. Place your bid with no dollar sign, whole numbers only, no decimal point, no cents. If your bid doesn’t meet the minimum bid or the minimal amount for an increase, it will display an error message on your screen. Or, at the top of the screen, you will see where it says “Enter Item Number.” Enter the item number and then click on Find Item. That will take you directly to the item.
How will I know if I have been outbid?
If you are bidding via your cell phone, you will receive a text if you are outbid on a specific item. Also, at the top of your screen, you will see “My Bids.” Click on that, and enter your bid number to show you all the bids you have made. If you are currently the winning bidder, the items will appear in green. If you are not the highest bidder, the item will appear in Red. If you know you want the item and want to skip the bidding process, you may use the “Buy it Now!” feature. Just enter an amount at (or above) the “Buy it Now” price listed on the item, and the item will be yours!
I just want to donate to Kidpower. Can I do that?
Yes, you can! Simply click the button at the top of your screen that says “Donate.” Then enter your bid number and the amount you wish to give.
What if I make a mistake?
If you make a mistake on your bid, for example, entering 100 instead of 1000, email us at Colorado@kidpower.org, and we will correct your bid.
How do I receive the items I have won?
If you have purchased a gift certificate and no other items, we will happily mail it to you. For all other items, we will have curbside pickup at the Kidpower office, 10 Boulder Crescent Street, during the following time blocks:
June 16 – 12 pm to 3 pm
June 17 – 4 pm to 7 pm
June 18 – 8 am to 10 am
Please email us at Colorado@kidpower.org to RSVP for one of the above-mentioned pick-up times. We ask you to remain in your vehicle while a Kidpower staff member gives you your items. Please provide the color and make of your vehicle in your RSVP.
If you are out of town, please designate a local representative to pick up your item and ship it to you. If you must have Kidpower ship your item, you will be responsible for the shipping costs and will need to call our office so we can send you a new link to pay. For your safety, we do not keep credit card numbers after they are charged for your auction item. Certain items cannot be shipped and will be indicated in the item description.
Please read carefully.
1. Use of the bidding software constitutes a contract to purchase that item if your bid is the final recognized bid. All sales are final. No refunds or exchanges will be made.
2. The highest bid at the auction closing time (8 pm on Sunday, June 7) will constitute the winning bid, unless the “buy it now” purchase option has been exercised by a bidder in advance of the auction closing time.
3. The certificates purchased at the auction are the responsibility of the purchaser. Kidpower cannot extend expiration dates, change restrictions, or alter dates of validity. Gift certificates that are lost or stolen cannot be replaced. Gratuity is not included in gift card values.
4. Please note: Some certificates do not have expiration dates and can be used into the future. Please check the expiration date carefully on all certificates. If you are the winning bidder for a certificate(s) that cannot be honored by a business for any reason in the future, your purchase becomes a donation that is fully deductible and cannot be refunded.
5. Credit cards of winning bidders will be charged after the auction ends on June 7. An email receipt will be issued at that time. If the credit card on file is declined for any reason, we will contact you within three business days to provide correct information.
6. Please consult your tax advisor regarding deductibility on purchases and gifts.
7. All items must be picked up during the suggested slots unless other arrangements are made with Kidpower. All items must be picked up no later than June 30 or it will be considered a donation to next year’s auction.